This classic Baba Ganoush dip can be made by hand or with your trusty blender. If you prefer a smoky flavor try roasting the eggplant over coals for a lip smacking smoky flavor.
Viva Baba Ganoush! Viva!
- 1 large Eggplant / Aubergine
- 2 tbsp Tahini Paste
- 2 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1-2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1-2 tbsp Molassity Pomegranate Molasses
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4-5 roasted, unsalted walnuts coarsely chopped
- Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF or 220 ºC.
- Halve the eggplant and coat the fleshy face with olive oil, then place it face down on parchment paper in an overproof roasting dish.
- Roast for 30-40minutes until the eggplant starts to collapse in on itself and is tender beneath the skin.
- Remove from the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, scoop out the flesh of the eggplant and place in a strainer, stirring and pressing occasionally. Allow the liquid to drain out for 5 – 10 minutes. Discard the liquid and the purple skin of the eggplant.
- In a mixing bowl add the eggplant, garlic and lemon juice, mash with the back of a fork to break the eggplant mixture down.
- Add the tahini and continue mashing for desired consistency.
- Stir in the olive oil until completely absorbed.
- Add salt, pepper and cumin to taste, continue stirring until well mixed.
- Decant to a serving bowl and add a splash of color by drizzling Molassity Pomegranate Molasses on the top (don’t stir it in). Complete the garnish with a sprinkle of fresh parsley and chopped walnuts.
- Use it as a dip with your favorite Pita bread, raw veggies or chips.
Donuts are some of the most universally-loved food items in the world. The round, fried pastries are a favorite among children and adults alike. From
If you’re looking for a quick and easy breakfast to make in the morning, then baked oatmeal is the way to go. This tasty dish
You’ve never tasted cauliflower like this before. Whole roasted cauliflower is a new way to prepare this nutritious vegetable that takes the flavor to an